weird EditText problem

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

weird EditText problem

Postby cvance383 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Here is the scenario I have a form (linear layout with a few EditText's) that I have slide over the main screen. The editText seem normal, and have default text inside of them ("username" & "password") when i click the editText, a cursor blinks like normal. I can hit backspace and a letter is deleted but when I type nothing shows up and the cursor disappears. The focus goes to the editText I have on the main screen (behind it) and what i typed is there. If I remove the editText on the main screen, and try to type on the editText on the form, the cursor disappears and focus is given to something on the main screen (a tab). I have 0 clue why this is happening or how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.
cvance383
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cvance383 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 pm

so a little update.... i figured out with a little logging and a focus listener that the EditText is gaining focus when clicked on, but when typed in loses focus regardless what is behind it in the frame. Any ideas why this would happen?
cvance383
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cvance383 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:52 pm

well since noone has an answer here is a little bit more info.

I have figured out the problem is from the tabs/tabhost I have. I have eliminated everything from the app. When I remove the tabs/tabhost the editText works perfectly, but when I uncomment the tabhost/tabwidget it doesn't work. Is this an android thing or what? There is little code left in my app. I would really appreciate a response. Thanks!
cvance383
Freshman
Freshman

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems