View most suitable for browsing a tree?

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

View most suitable for browsing a tree?

Postby jotica » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:53 am

Hey, I haven't really put much thought into this so sorry if this is a stupid question. How would be the easiest way to implement a tree browser? Is there a tutorial that shows how to do this somewhere?

I thought maybe the easiest way was with an ExpandableListView, but it only displays a two level list. Would it be possible to display a multi level list so that it behaves like a tree? Would I have to create my own view by extending this view in order to do this? is there a simpler solution? Maybe I can just set the childs of the ExpendableListView to be ExpandableListViews themselves?

Sorry if my questions are a little vague or uniformed. I just need an easy way to browse a tree data structure in my app and wished someone would point me in the right direction.
jotica
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby rmanromga » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Jotica, I am currently working on an ExpandableListView.... this is the closest thing that I could find to a tree view... the only problem, is that this has only 2 levels of nesting. (only goes 2 levels deep). There is an example packaged with the API demos with the sdk.... I would be curious to see if your suggestion of nesting ExpandableListView items would work...
rmanromga
Developer
Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems