Titleist Scotty Cameron Achieved A Traditional Mallet Shape

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Titleist Scotty Cameron Achieved A Traditional Mallet Shape

Postby kangmake » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 am

With no doubt that the titleist scotty cameron putters are great invention. Now let's see them.

Scotty Cameron's line of Titleist putters occupies a unique niche in the flatstick universe. The Futura of 2004 titleist scotty cameron was born during an "MOI" craze which clubs with a high "moment of inertia" resist twisting on off-center impact. If you're one of Cameron's crazies, you probably know all about his new Circa 62 line.

The further back the CG is, the less twisting the titleist scotty cameron putter suffers on putts struck towards the toe or heel. I've owned dozens of putters over the last 15+ years. I have two staff bags full of putters in my basement, and another five or six vie for my attention in my office. Each of the Circa 62 putters is entirely milled from soft carbon steel. Most putters that are made using investment casting techniques have hosels that are welded to the blade.

By pushing the semi-circlular backweight forward until it met the face, Scotty Cameron was able to achieve a traditional mallet appearance with some of the benefits of the Futura-bred high MOI. Somehow, I've made it this far without a titleist scotty cameron newport working its way into my rotation.

The face and frame are comprised of milled aluminum, stamped and painted on the underside. That changed recently when a new scotty cameron newport 2. 3 putter joined the gang. It's an attractive, unique design that will get looks on the course and on the practice green.

It's an attractive, unique design that will get looks on the course and on the practice green. The five alignment lines really give you a good indication that you're lined up properly. Cameron has said the inspiration for the four models in the scotty cameron newport 2 putter line was the sleek designs of classic putters he grew up with.

For this item, I've seen quite a few mallets in my day, and I've always been a fan. Finally, I got it and now never regret.
kangmake
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Titleist Scotty Cameron Achieved A Traditional Mallet Sh

Postby tommack » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 am

Titleist says each model goes farther than its predecessor. One reason is that both produce less spin and fly lower, which enhances rollout and provides longer total distance.

Since Titleist first unveiled the Pro V1 at the Invensys Classic at Las Vegas in 2000, the Vegas stop on the PGA Tour has often been the initial proving ground for new Pro V1 and titleist pro v1x models over the years.

The compression of the Pro V1 is down about six points, from the mid-90s to the high-80s. The titleist pro v1x golf ball remains close to 100. Morgan was referring to the Pro V1. The two balls always have had different dimple patterns, with the Pro V1x at 328 dimples.

According to the USGA's Conforming List of Golf Balls, as with previous models the titleist pro v1 is a three-piece multilayer ball (single core, mantle layer and cover) and the Pro V1x is a four-piece multilayer ball (dual core, mantle layer and cover).
tommack
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems