refresh problem (?)

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

refresh problem (?)

Postby tannerresearch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Hello all,

I just made some changes to the program I'm writing and now I'm getting an error that looks like such:
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1. java.lang.RuntimeException: mBaselineAlignedChildIndex of LinearLayout set to an index that is out of bounds
Parsed in 0.031 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

Unfortunately I can't post the code I'm using because if I did, someone in my immediate vicinity would lose their job :-). However, I do understand how hard it is to help troubleshoot a problem by only seeing the result of an issue, so I will describe as best I can what's going on.
What's happening in the code that caused this error was I added a couple of checkboxes at the bottom of the screen, and when they're clicked, onCreate is run again so that the screen may be refreshed and rebuilt, with certain text/colors, etc. appearing or not appearing as needed. I'm using .OnClickListener for the checkboxes and detecting whether or not they need to appear checked or not when the page is reloaded. My hunch is that the error lies in something I'm doing to reload the page.
I certainly don't expect you guys to solve my problem, but any advice or thoughts you can provide on the error, better ways to reload the page, etc. would be greatly appreciated. And of course if I'm able to figure out the problem, I'll post the results for everyone's benefit. Google returns 0 results on mBaselineAlignedChildIndex, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Thanks a bunch you guys!
tannerresearch
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby tannerresearch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 pm

I was able to figure out what the problem was. From what I can tell, the problem was that I was trying to add a layout to the main layout that didn't have any children. The fix was to set up a method that caught the fact there weren't going to be any children, and didn't add or even create the sub-layout. Problem solved!
tannerresearch
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby umair » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Thank you so very much for posting your problem and solution here. It really helped me out.

Thanks!!! :)
Muhammad Umair
umair
Developer
Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems