P2 MXF to ProRes-Panasonic P2 MXF workflow with Final Cut Pro
Panasonic P2 is a series of professional camcorders which offer us vivid image. Panasonic has brought its most advanced video imaging technologies together to create a camera-recorder that brings image and resolution to new heights. The P2 camcorders are popular in the professional video making users, its most famous models include AJ-HPX3000, AG-HPX300, AJ-HPX2000, AJ-HPX3700, AJ-HPM200, AJ-HPX2700, etc.
This article is mainly to solve the P2 recordings to FCP importing problems. As many users get P2 camcorders, more problems are coming up, some of them have the need to import P2 MXF files to Final Cut Pro for editing on Mac, but they always have the importing problems due to the video codec and format. As we know, the FCP only supports few formats, it doesn't support MXF files well, so in order to import MXF to FCP X, you need to convert P2 MXF to FCP compatible formats, such as Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, this format is best supported by Final Cut Pro.
Now you can follow the steps below to convert Panasonic P2 MXF to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro editing on Mac Mountain Lion 10.8.
1. Download Pavtube MXF converter for Mac. It's the professional MXF convert, this software can help you convert MXF to common formats, such as MP4, AVI, MKV, or Apple ProRes, AIC, etc.
2. Install and launch the software, import Panasonic P2 MXF videos to the MXF converter for Mac. Click "format" bar to choose the best video format for output. You are recommended to choose "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)".
3. You can click "settings" button to adjust the output video's parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.
4. Edit function is easy and useful, you can trim, crop, or add watermark to the video.
5. Click convert button to start converting Panasonic P2 MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP X.
After conversion, you just need to transfer Panasonic P2 converted videos to FCP X then you can edit the recorded videos as you want. This software can convert AJ-HPX3000 to FCP, convert AG-HPX300 to FCP, convert AJ-HPX2000 to FCP, convert AJ-HPX3700 to FCP, convert AJ-HPX3700 to FCP, convert AJ-HPX2700 to FCP, etc.
You can also follow this guide to know how to convert P2 MXF to Final Cut Express. You can learn more solutions in MXF column on pavtube website.
And now pavtube starts Buy one Get one Free Promotion activity on Pavtube website to save your money, such as:
1. Buy Blu-ray Ripper for Mac ($49) and Get Free Mac MTS/M2TS to FCP Converter = Only $39.2
2. Buy Blu-ray Ripper for Mac ($49) and Get Free Mac MKV to FCP Converter = Only $39.2
3. Buy DVD Ripper for Mac ($35) and Get Free Mac MTS/M2TS to ProRes Converter = Only $35
4. Buy DVD Ripper for Mac ($35) and Get Free Mac MKV to ProRes Converter = Only $35
If you want to see details, please click "Pavtube Buy one Get one Free".