Noob layout question

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Noob layout question

Postby SheepFister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm

I haven't had much time to check out the documentation that's already out there, and I kind of feel bad for asking, but here it goes:

Let's say I want to write an app (it'll be running as a service, I think) that will embed some text on the desktop and update it infrequently (on phone boot, once a day, maybe more). I've been working on just getting a basic "Hello, world" app going in this regards, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I need to set up the app layout. I've messed around with the main.xml in the layouts to be smaller than the screen, but when I run the app in the emulator, it shows up full screen.

Any insight on how I'd go about getting this working? It'd be nice to have something widget-like (like the clock) that I could just drag around the desktop, but I'd settle for something statically positioned as well. I'm at work so I don't have a lot of time to dig through documentation, and I'd like to get a working sample up and running ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help!

-SF
SheepFister
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems