As a newbie on this forum and on Android, I'd like to have some advices and help on the development of a first simple application.
My goal is to display in 4 different ways a list of items stored in a local xml data file.
So there would be a tab at the bottom of the screen with 4 buttons:
- 1 for alphabetical sorting list
- 1 for image grid view
- 1 for whole image page
- 1 for the display of all the information I got on the item.
I could slide the screen from left to right and right to left to pass from an item to another
Nothing that seems too difficult but I already experience problems structuring my app.
1. Should I have 4 activities (one for each view)
2. How do I read from a local xml file and iterate through each item
3. What layout object is the most appropriate to have this button bar at the bottom of my screen
Thanks a lot for your help