new widget - Panel

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Postby pskink » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 am

MrSnowflake wrote:Oh and I believe BSD is a lot more liberal than Apache. I have never read the apache licence, but as it's a lot bigger than BSD's it can only be more strickt :). The BSD (style) licence is only a couple of lines long.

ok, changed to BSD
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 am

Well, I just recalled, I think MIT is even less restrictive than BSD, but it won't make a big difference. :).

But I DO think you need to add the licence itself to easy source file, to be sure :).
MrSnowflake

Postby pskink » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 pm

added some nice stuff including themes & custom title
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby Emmanuel7 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 am

I've just read on the Android google group that the Android home page sliding drawer will be available as a public widget in cupcake !
Emmanuel7
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:07 am

That's very good news, too bad for Pskink's effort to make the Panel. Though I think you have learned a lot :).
MrSnowflake

Postby pskink » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:25 pm

MrSnowflake wrote:That's very good news, too bad for Pskink's effort to make the Panel. Though I think you have learned a lot :).

but i think SlidingDrawer doesn't have fancy interpolator stuff that Panel has ;)
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Probably true but you can extend the drawer and implement it yourself.
MrSnowflake

Postby avolovoy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm

pskink wrote:
MrSnowflake wrote:That's very good news, too bad for Pskink's effort to make the Panel. Though I think you have learned a lot :).

but i think SlidingDrawer doesn't have fancy interpolator stuff that Panel has ;)

i've asked them - they don't even going to have an ability to attach to any place. So no good :)
Alexey Volovoy
Bytesharp.NET
avolovoy
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

How to Use

Postby JustMe » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 pm

Can someone point me towards a tutorial or provide some sample code on how to integrate this control? I was originally trying to integrate the SlidingDrawers widget until I found out I could make a drawer going down from top to bottom...

Thanks.
JustMe
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby mad.dogg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:07 am

pskink wrote:.. licence is: 'do what you want' :) ...

for exception: the check was 'stolen' from some google sources (TabHost.java IIRC) and i wanted to be consistent since they also used R.id prefix.

i'm facing minor problems with padding - hope to upload new version really soon

1) that's a really great license... I love it :)
2) I think google encourage what you callled 'stolen' (I prefer reused). As far as I remember someone was talking about this at one of the last years's Google IO presentations.
3) tell us more about the padding issues, perhaps we(adddev comunity) can help.

Sorry, I've just seen thread's date. My bad.
If it's boring it ain't heavy enough!
mad.dogg
Developer
Developer

Postby TheBigCheese » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm

I'd like to add a drawer in my application that comes down from the top, and this widget seems like it would work perfectly, however the widget uses older forms of the SDK with R.styleable.<param>. Is there any substitute for this widget, or a way to work around this?

Thanks.
TheBigCheese
Developer
Developer

Postby pskink » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:43 pm

TheBigCheese wrote:I'd like to add a drawer in my application that comes down from the top, and this widget seems like it would work perfectly, however the widget uses older forms of the SDK with R.styleable.<param>.

what do you mean - older style?
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby TheBigCheese » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Panel.java uses references to R.styleable.<attribute> in order to get the attributes from the xml file. R.styleable is no longer supported by the Android SDK. I managed to work around it though by just replacing the references to R.styleable with various calls to get the attributes through code.
TheBigCheese
Developer
Developer

Postby pskink » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

TheBigCheese wrote:Panel.java uses references to R.styleable.<attribute> in order to get the attributes from the xml file. R.styleable is no longer supported by the Android SDK. I managed to work around it though by just replacing the references to R.styleable with various calls to get the attributes through code.

hmm, i dont get it, android.R.styleable is not supported but your.package.R.styleable is supported and is imho the only way to get custom attributes.

if you see android.R.styleable in the code that means you have some old version, watch the thread to get the newer one
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Panel at the bottom with overlay

Postby lsag02 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:12 am

I am trying to use the panel bottom aligned on the screen with overlay and no luck. i would really appreciate if someone would help me here.

I have screen with listview that occupies entire screen and want panel to slide from the bottom overlaying the listview.
lsag02
Once Poster
Once Poster

PreviousNext

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems