Masson keeps Shootout lead despite bogeys

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Masson keeps Shootout lead despite bogeys

Postby Angelbabysister » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 am

Caroline Masson was relieved to be finished with her second round at the inaugural North Texas LPGA Shootout. She was fortunate to still have the lead.

Masson bogeyed three of her last four holes Friday to wrap up an even-par round of 71, good enough for a one-stroke lead over Carlota Ciganda.

"After the last few holes, I'm pretty happy it's over now," said Masson, who opened with a bogey-free 7-under 64. australia golf online "I don't know what went wrong really. It was just a few bad shots, but I think that it's good that it's over and then I can, yeah, just relax now and tomorrow I think I'll be fine again."

At 7-under 135, Masson was a stroke ahead of Ciganda, and two ahead of top-ranked Inbee Park, 18-year-old LPGA Tour rookie Moriya Jutanugarn and Kathleen Ekey.

When Masson got to the 15th hole Friday, x-22 irons she was 10 under and had a four-stroke lead. Her advantage dwindled to one in a hurry.

Masson's drive at the 390-yard 15th went left, but the ball then rolled right across the sloping fairway into the water.

"It just carried down the downslope," she said. "It was not a horrible shot. But that just happens."

After missing the fairway again with her tee shot at the 405-yard 16th for another bogey, TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons Masson managed to save par at the 178-yard 17th after coming up short of the green on her tee shot.

Then at the par-5 18th, Masson drove her tee shot behind a tree before a punch shot that rolled through the fairway and settled near another tree with no clear angle to the flag. After an approach shot short of the green, TaylorMade RocketBallZ RBZ Irons she stepped back before hitting her fourth shot, then dropped the club and looked down after she hit -- way right of the pin, setting up a long two-putt for a closing bogey.

"It's a bit disappointing, but still, I played really solid, you know," said Masson, the 23-year-old German who made only her second cut in six LPGA tournaments this season.
Angelbabysister
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems