main.xml error

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Re: main.xml error

Postby philip » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 am

Guys,

If you have the above problem, do as the other posters mention and remove the main.out.xml file (don't forget you may need to delete the 'Unparsed aapt error(s)' using the Problems View). After this, you can set your preferences so that it always runs the last application even if you have selected an XML file at the time. Go to Windows -> Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Launching -> Launch Operation -> [select 'Always launch the previously launched application]. Note, that you need to run the application properly at least once (pick from list on Run drop-down menu). Just press the run menu option to start app. after this.

Cheers,

Philip
philip
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: main.xml error

Postby devadastv » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 pm

I also registered here now to say thanks for that great post. This was the hell of a help and a relief from my headache for an hour of desperate checks for the eclipse changes, analyzing xml and blah blah... This is a great tip for any newbie. Thanks a lot. looking forward for more helps and tips in this forum as I start onto development. Thanks again... Devadas
devadastv
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re:

Postby jorgelsalas » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm

s4b3r wrote:hi there,
had the same problem and now i found the solution!

Just make sure when you run the application, that you are editing an .java file
and not an .xml file!

and you have to delete "main.out.xml"

THANK YOU VERY MUCH s4b3r!
I started studying android earlier this year and never had that problem until I restarted yesterday and I was following the android tutorials!
I was getting kinda annoyed because the tutorial tells you to edit the xml file and then it says that you're able to run the project but never mentions that you have to be editing the .java file.

Thanks again!
jorgelsalas
Once Poster
Once Poster

Previous

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems