How to import/bring Panasonic MTS files to Avid Media Compos

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

How to import/bring Panasonic MTS files to Avid Media Compos

Postby eastdavid1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:22 am

"I have a MC 5.03 and I am using is a consumer grade Panasonic HDC-TM900P. Its best file capability is 1080/60P at 28000 mpbs. I have tried importing the 60P files directly to MC but get a message “This type of mpeg file is not supported”. Is there an import file update or patch available that will allow me to bring these into Composer?”
This question is a Panasonic TM900P user asked, many users may have encountered this problem. Avid doesn’t do 1080p60. 60fps at 1080 is a non-standard format…and Avid only works with standard film and broadcast formats. You need to transcode the 1080p60 files externally with a third party converter before importing. I know a software called Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac works great on converting 1080p 60fps files to AVID friendly DNxHD codec, it’s easy to import the files then after converting.
1. Download and install this MTS to Avid converter. This professional HD converter will help you transcode MTS footages to DNxHD codec for natively use in Avid Media Composer.
2.Choose DNxHD output profile.
3. You can click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, codec and frame rate, etc.
4. Click convert button to start the Panasonic MTS video to Avid Media Composer conversion.
You can also follow this guide to know how to get MTS work with AMC. This import media to Avid guide may also help you, and Pavtube MTS column is a good place for you to find more solutions for your AVCHD files.

You can also use Pavtube DVD Creator to burn Sony AVCHD to DVD disc/ISO files. PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
  1. macsupport@pavtube.com 
to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.

Learn more Cameras/Camcorders related tutorial, pls view our MTS Column, etc. on http://www.pavtube.com/hot-topics/
eastdavid1
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems