How to Convert MOD Videos to MOV for Quicktime or Final Cut

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

How to Convert MOD Videos to MOV for Quicktime or Final Cut

Postby markwonng » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 pm

"I have a JVC everio HDD camcorder. when I copy the files over to my PC they show up as MOD files and can only be played on VLC. when burned to a dvd they dont work on my dvd player.is there a software that converts these MOD to avi?" -- From Peter US

Some models of the JVC, Panasonic and Canon Digital Camcorder record videos to .MOD video format. However, most of the media player and editing software such as Quicktime, iMovie and Final Cut on mac all don't support .mod videos.To fix the problem, you should convert Mod to other popular format video, for example convert Mod to AVI, then you can edit them in Windows Movie Maker and iMovie. Aiseesoft MOD Converter for Mac is such a professional application to convert MOD to AVI for mac and all popular editing software and media player for you to edit MOD in iMovie and playback.

Note: For Windows user can refer to MOD to AVI Converter for Windows here. Download the MOD to AVI Mac/Windows below and follow the guide to convert MOD to AVI on mac for storage or playback.

Step 1. Add MOD file to software

Click the "Add Video" button to load the MOD video files from your camcorder to the MOD Converter for mac. You can import several MOD files simultaneously

Step 2. Set AVI as output format

Choose the source file and click the "Profile" drop-down list. Then you can choose the avi as output format.

Step 3. Edit the video effect (Optional)

This software also possesses some basic video editing features. With it, you can trim video length, crop video frame, and adjust video brightness/saturation/contrast, and so on.

Step 4. Start converting MOD to AVI video Mac

After all these settings, you can click the "Convert" button to convert MOD to avi on Mac for storage or playback
markwonng
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems