Before we convert PDF image to PDF text, we should select a professional PDF tool to help us. Here I strongly recommend you try Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac. With its built-in OCR feature, it lets you turn PDF image to PDF text easily. Besides, after converting image PDF to text PDF, you are able to edit the PDF directly with Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac. Learn how to convert scanned image PDF to text PDF on Mac.
Step 1. Download and install Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac
Click the download button to download Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac. After you get the .dmg installer, install it on your computer. If you’re a Windows user, try Firstarsoft PDF Editor (for Windows).
Step 2. Open the image PDF and perform OCR
After you install Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac, launch it instantly. The moment you launch it, a dialogue box will appear, asking you to open the image PDF file. Browse your computer and open it with Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac.
After opening the image PDF file, a pop-up will appear, remind you of performing OCR. Select the right language for the PDF file and click the “Perform OCR” button to enable OCR. And then a progress bar will appear. After perform OCR, the image PDF becomes a text PDF file. Click File and Save As to save the image PDF as a text PDF file.
This is how to convert image (scanned) PDF to text PDF on Mac. It is very easy, isn’t it? Besides, after turning the image PDF to text PDF, you are able to edit the PDF text on Mac with Firstarsoft PDF Editor Pro for Mac as well.
You may also like:
- Best Nitro Pro Alternative for Mac Mountain Lion-Edit/Convert PDF with Nitro Pro Alternative
- Easily to Add Text to PDF on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion with the Best Mac PDF Editor
- Best PDF Annotator for Mountain Lion/Lion-How to Annotate PDF in Mac, PDF Annotation
- Best OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion PDF Reader for iMac, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air
- How to Manipulate PDF Files on Mac-Split/Merge/Crop/Extract PDF Files, Edit PDF Text