How to Convert AVCHD Files to AVI Format on Mac

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

How to Convert AVCHD Files to AVI Format on Mac

Postby markwonng » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:08 pm

"I just got a new Canon HD camcorder with flash memory and just shot some video. When I import the video to my computer it saved the files in a format called .mts which I think may be standard for certain AVCHD recordings. and want to find a piece of software that will convert AVCHD files to other common formats such as AVI, so I can play and share my videos easier." -- From Deny L. US

AVCHD is a popular format used by cams: Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC etc. and can be played on Mac with VLC player. AVCHD format video is not accepted by a lot of players, and this kind of format can not be uploaded to Internet which prevents video sharing. So the best solution is to find a professional AVCHD to AVI Converter for mac help to convert AVCHD to avi formats. AVCHD Converter for Mac is such an powerful tool for converting AVCHD to AVI mac, MP4, MPEG and most other popular formats. download the AVCHD Converter below and follow the step by step guide to convert avchd to avi on Mac with ease.

Note: For Windows users can refer to AVCHD Video Converter for Windows here. Download the AVCHD to AVI Converter for Mac/Windows below and follow the guide toconvert avchd to avi on Mac/Windows for editing.

Step 1. Add AVCHD files to AVCHD Converter for Mac

Click the "Add Video" button to load the AVCHD video files from your camcorder to the Mac AVCHD Converter. You can import several AVCHD files simultaneously

Step 2. Set AVI as output format

Choose the source file and click the "Profile" drop-down list. Then you can choose the AVI format.

Step 3. Customize your videos (optional)

Besides essential conversion ability, this AVCHD to AVI Converter also provides powerful editing tools to enhance your video effect: e.g. Trim, split, Crop, Effect, Watermark, Subtitles.

Step 4. Convert AVCHD to AVI on Mac

After all these settings, you can click the "Convert" button to convert AVCHD files to AVI on Mac.

Extended Knowledge: What is a AVCHD files?

AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Codec High Definition, and uses the highly efficient MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) codec to create MPEG-2 quality (HDV) in smaller file sizes.

All movies on the AVCHDClips.com website are Sony AVCHD files. All movies were shot on Sony equipment and are provided in their native 1080i format. Files in the .m2ts format WILL NOT PLAY in a Blu-ray(tm) player until they are finalized through an editing platform. Files in the .m2ts WILL PLAY on a Sony Playstation 3(tm) without being finalized, and they WILL PLAY utilizing the Sony Motion Picture Browser software that accompanies Sony AVCHD camcorders. AVCHD files WILL NOT PLAY in Windows Media Player 11.

MXF converter
MXF converter for mac
mts converter for mac
avchd converter for mac
mod converter for mac
tod converter for mac
markwonng
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems