Horizontal Progressbar via code

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Horizontal Progressbar via code

Postby timhoeck » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:23 pm

I am trying to modify the IconifiedTextView (http://www.anddev.org/iconified_textlist_-_the_making_of-t97.html) to include a horizontal progressbar. I setup a horizontal progressbar before, but only by modifying the style of the view in the xml for the layout.

How can I modify the style of a View created during runtime?
Last edited by timhoeck on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
timhoeck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby timhoeck » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:19 am

Followup..

While I still haven't exactly found a way to just change the style of a view during runtime (i.e. my progress bar to horizontal).. I worked around this by modifying the view creations in IconifiedTextView code. Instead of creating new (Default) Text and Image views in IconifiedTextView, I pull in a layout from a precreated xml file using LayoutInflator...

Code: Select all
          View row = new View(context);
          LayoutInflater inflater = (LayoutInflater)context.getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
          row = inflater.inflate(R.layout.item, null); 
          addView(row);

TextView title = (TextView) row.findViewById(R.id.txtTitle);
          title.setText(aIconifiedText.getText());

ImageView icon = (ImageView) row.findViewById(R.id.imgStatus);
          icon.setImageDrawable(aIconifiedText.getIcon());

ProgressBar progbar = (ProgressBar) row.findViewById(R.id.ProgressBar01);
          progbar.setProgress(aIconifiedText.getProgress());

Does that make sense? This may be overdoing it, but at least it works for me. Now I get the benefit of getting to see and modify the look of my rows ahead of time, in an XML layout form,, and get my horizontal progress bar.

I would still like to know if there is a way (even if it involves LayoutInflator) to change the style of a view, i.e. set runtime generated views layout/theme to a precreated xml layout... something like:

View v;
v.setStyle(R.layout.item);

I know that you can use setTheme() in an activity to change the theme of that activity, but does this apply to views as well?
timhoeck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby mrsack » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 am

I'm still looking for a way to do this with code only, so without having to use ANY XML. This is a quick easy way to do it in XML, so I would hope there would be a simple way to set the style with code as well since for pretty much all other views you can set most variables. Any ideas?
mrsack
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mrsack » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Ok, I figured it out for anyone else who needs the same thing

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1. ProgressBar pb = new ProgressBar(context, null, android.R.attr.progressBarStyleHorizontal);
Parsed in 0.030 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4
mrsack
Freshman
Freshman

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems