GUI - custom grids etc

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

GUI - custom grids etc

Postby Joeyjojo83 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 am

Hi guys, not sure if ive posted in the correct place or not but I think I have =D

OK well ive started android programming for a month or two now, got my hands on a few books done examples etc etc..
But I am having trouble getting my head around how to set out custom UI designs. for instance, I am trying to develop my own reversi application. I'm breaking it down into steps and now im up to the game UI part.
I got the menus up and running but I want to paint a 8x8 grid on the screen with a space below for some game info.But not just in any position on the screen or to fill up the whole screen id like a little room for some ongoing game info. I cant seem to find out how I should be doing this?.. thru xml or should I be trying to program it straight up. I tried looking at Droid draw but I cant get something looking the way i'd like. I just end up trying to place a bunch of table layouts everywhere..

Basically id like to be able to find an example where I can draw a grid on the screen then be able to tap a square and be able to figure out what grid ref was pressed.. or at least a small example to point me in the right direction.
Any help would be appreciated..
Cheers
Joeyjojo83
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby cyxob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am

Hi. I have the same problem. In my android app i need to draw a custom grid. If you resolve you problem, please share your solution.
Big thanks :)
cyxob
Freshman
Freshman

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems