Example how to use Scroller in an activity

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Example how to use Scroller in an activity

Postby abhishek100182 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:10 am

Hello

I tried googling for any example on how to use Scroller for doing manual handling of scrolling, but couldn't came across one.

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me out in this, on how to use a Scroller in an activity.

Thanks in advance
abhishek100182
Freshman
Freshman

Postby appforce » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,

What's the View that you need to scroll? Scroller does not handle scrolling, but computes the current scroll offset of a scrolling animation.

Android developers
appforce
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby sabs » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Hello
Iam also interested in this discussion, i would like to scroll the list view is it possible?
any kind of help is very helpful.
thanks
sabs
appforce wrote:Hi,

What's the View that you need to scroll? Scroller does not handle scrolling, but computes the current scroll offset of a scrolling animation.

Android developers
sabs
Developer
Developer

Postby appforce » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi,

If by that you mean to programatically scroll, yes you can - with the scrollTo(int x, int y) method.

Android developers
appforce
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby abhishek100182 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:26 pm

See I have a table with a number of rows exceeding beyond the screen size, so I'll have to implement scrolling for them. But my problem is that I don't have to use ScrollView Or HorizontalScrollView for this purpose. I want to programmatically scroll the table both vertically and horizontally.
abhishek100182
Freshman
Freshman

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems