Encode Olympus E-PL1 AVI to AIC codec for iMovie/FCE
Summary:Follow the guide below you will know how to import Olympus E-PL1 AVI video to iMovie with AIC codec.
"I added an E-PL1 with the kit lens and the 40-150 to my bag last March. Since then, I've become addicted to it and almost never touch my FF DSLR (may actually sell out of the FF stuff next year)."
Anyway, a couple of nights ago I had some spare time and thought I'd try shooting a video footage of the sunset from my back deck. E-PL1 has bigger body (good size to me, heavier and feel very solid) and the movies are in AVI format and it IS possible to get iMovie on the Mac once you convert the AVI to Apple InterMediate Codec.
If you have visited Apple official website or support forum you will know that the AVI video format is not well supported by imovie, final cut express and final cut pro, the best compatible format for Mac editing software is MOV, so if you want to edit Olympus E-PL1 recordings to iMovie or FCE, you'd better to convert Olympus E-PL1 AVI to AIC MOV for iMovie/FCE, you can follow the steps below to transcode E-PL1 to iMovie/FCE compatible AIC format, then you won't have any editing problems in iMovie.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, this E-PL1 AVI Converter can help you convert E-PL1 AVI to AIC codec for iMovie, more output formats are also supported, such as MKV/AVI/MP4/Apple ProRes, etc.
2. Import E-PL1 AVI footages to this best Olympus E-PL1 to iMovie Converter
3. Click and choose the best output format, for editing E-PL1 AVI in iMovie, you click and choose "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)", it's the best format for iMovie and Final Cut Express.
4. You can click settings button to customize output parameters as you want, such as codec, resolution, etc. it's good to keep the parameters as original.
5. Edit function is available to use in this AVI to iMovie Converter; you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the Olympus Powershot E-PL1 AVI video.
6. Click convert button to start, AVI to iMovie Converter will help you convert Olympus E-PL1 recording AVI to AIC codec in a short time, and then you can import and edit E-PL1 video in iMovie or FCE freely.
Olympus Video Converter for FCP guide
Import Olympus E-PL1 AVI to Final Cut Pro X
import E-PL3 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro
Olympus E-PM1 FAQ-memory card,editing,FCP ProRes transcoding