Create Tree similar to Iphones Tree

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Create Tree similar to Iphones Tree

Postby quiddix » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi guys,

I am starting to code my first Anroid application because I think about buying the HTC Desire. I am currently specifying my application and draw gui prototypes.

The main view of my application will include a list of several item which are grouped by an attribute. So lets think of a contacts list, and all items are grouped by the first letter.

---
D
---
Daniel
Doug
---
E
---
Edith

I think the best way to implement this would be a tree (I would have some letter classes and name classes). Because I have an Ipod Touch I know this view from the contacts application of the ipod.

There they made somthink like a tree which looks like a list but if you scroll down the First letter header stays on top. So you always see the header until the next letter arrives (hope that you know what I think about). Heres a picture of the IPhone UI

How can I implement somethink like this in Android (what widget do i use and how can I tell the headers to stay until the next letter arrives).

Thx for answers
quiddix
Freshman
Freshman

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems