Convert Sony HDR-PJ580V AVCHD to iMovie 11/9/8 for editing
Sony HDR-PJ580V camcorder is very excellent, with it, you can get proof of your latest adventure in impressive Full HD 1920x1080/60p video or capture unbelievable 20.4MP stills. Share your larger than-life memories with anyone, anywhere using the built-in projector capable of projecting footage up to 100" (diag.). Use advanced manual controls to expand your creative options or use CinemaTone presets to enrich colors creating a cinema-like quality. Store up to 11 hours of HD video thanks to 32GB of built-in Flash memory.
Sony HDR-PJ580V camcorder recorded video format is: HD: MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible (1080/60p:original format); STD: MPEG2-PS. As you can see, Sony PJ580V can record AVCHD video format, but AVCHD format is not well supported by iMovie 11/9/8 and other software on Mac, you may encounter many problems when you try to import and edit them in iMovie 11/9/8 on Mac 10.8. If you want to edit Sony PJ580V AVCHD in iMovie 11/9/8, you need to convert Sony PJ580V MTS to iMovie 11/9/8 best supported video format, iMovie best supported video format is Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) MOV format, you can follow the steps below and learn how to transcode Sony PJ580V MTS videos to AIC codec for iMovie 11/9/8 for editing smoothly.
1. Download Pavtube MTS Converter for Mac. This software can convert Sony PJ580V AVCHD video to iMovie, FCE or other common formats.
2. Install and run this Sony PJ580V MTS to AIC Converter. Drag and drop AVCHD videos to this software.
3. Click format column to choose the output format for iMovie 11/9/8. Click and choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov), it’s the best format for editing Sony PJ580V in iMovie 11/9/8.
4. You can click settings button to adjust output parameters, such as resolution and bitrate.
5. Click convert button to start.
The Sony PJ580V Mac AVCHD Converter will convert Sony MTS to iMovie 11/9/8 quickly. After conversion, you can edit Sony PJ580V MTS video in iMovie 11/9/8 as you want.
If you need to convert AVCHD to FCP (X) for editing, you can read this AVCHD to FCP guide.
Tips: If you need to burn recorded AVCHD video to DVD, you may take a try on Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac, which is one of the best tools to burn PJ580V AVCHD to DVD disc, DVD ISO file or DVD folder, you can take thisAVCHD to DVD burning guide as example. Now in the Thanksgiving promotion activity, it offers buy one get one coupon, if you buy any converter product, you will get DVD Creator for free, please take a look.