Convert Canon 5D Mark III H.264 MOV AIC for Imovie

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Convert Canon 5D Mark III H.264 MOV AIC for Imovie

Postby jssqmaty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 am

5D Mark III is Canon’s latest full-frame DSLR- with a top sensitivity of ISO 102,400, what was once unfathomable could soon become an acceptable standard. But, when you want to import 5D Mark III MOV files to iMovie for editing on Mac, you will encounter some problems. As we know, 5D Mark III recorded videos in H.264 MOV format, this format is not compatible well with iMovie. So you won't edit it smooth with iMovie, and the video inside of iMovie is very, very slow, or even you can't import H.264 MOV to iMovie. Are you a Canon EOS 5D Mark III user? If you meet the same trouble, what will you do? In fact, if you use a video convert tool, you will easily solve the troubles.

As we all know iMovie’s favourite Codec is Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC), so you should better transcode Canon 5D Mark 3 H.264 MOV to AIC .mov for iMovie editable video format. I advice you to use Brorsoft H.264 MOV to iMovie Converter. I am very satisfied with it, applying which I can not only convert 5D Mark MOV to suitable video format for iMovie fastly with original quality, but also do some little editing its effective editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of my list. You can download the free trial and follow the bellow easy steps.

Step 1: Run the best MOV to AIC Converter for Mac and then click the adding button to import your H.264 MOV files.

Step2: Click on the “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu. Move you pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.

Step 3: Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. Set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 and keep 5.1 channels to keep the best quality for editing 5D Mark III H.264 MOV in iMovie 8/9/11.

Step 4: Click the “Convert” button; it will convert Canon H.264 MOV to AIC for iMovie on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.

As soon as the Canon 5D Mark 3 video to AIC conversion process is 100% completed, please click "Open" to find the converted video. Now you can smoothly import the file to iMovie or snoothly editing without any issue.

Related Guide:

Get/Edit D800/D600 H.264 files to iMovie 11

Convert 5D Mark III footage to ProRes for FCP X

Solve Canon 1080p H.264 MOV clips to Adobe Premiere Pro importing problem
jssqmaty
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems