Can't quite figure out how to do a ListView

Put problem concerning Views, Layouts and other XML-Resources (like AndroidManifest) here.

Can't quite figure out how to do a ListView

Postby chefgon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 pm

I am new to both Android and Java, but I am experienced in programming (c#, primarily), and I just can't figure this one out. I have tried to follow numerous tutorials online, but I can never get the results I'm looking for and I'm not sure what piece of the puzzle I'm missing.

I am trying to write a program that allows for quick entry of work shifts for a week. I have written a control in XML that represents one day that has a checkbox, some textviews, and a couple of comboboxes. I can display this control by itself just fine if I set it as the layout for the activity, but I need to be able to show seven of them in a list with different days labeled at the top.

I was trying to follow a tutorial on Androidguys.com (along with a few others, including one on Google's android page) and it just never seems to work right. There has to be some little piece that I'm missing that I either missed in the tutorials or that the tutorials assumed I already knew about. Does anybody have a really simple example of how to take an XML composite control and display several instances in a list?
chefgon
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby chefgon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Just in case I was unclear about what I am trying to accomplish, here is a quick mockup of what I'm going for.

chefgon
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to View, Layout & Resource Problems