AndroidLight OS Plaform for Small Phones!!!

Write a objective review about an application that you are using and that is not your own.

AndroidLight OS Plaform for Small Phones!!!

Postby drlinux » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:05 am

Asslam-u-Alikum And hi,

I am Abdul Mateen, an Android Developer working for a Mobile Company. Here I am going to start INSALLAH a project named AndroidLight, that will run on the small phone, a light weight Android OS, If you people have any ideas about it, please share it with me, I am very curious about the Open Source Android Platform, I am going to implement a Virtual Maachine for S60, and UIQ phones to run the properly light weight Android OS on it with out removing the basic OS delivered with the Phone.

Thank You in Advacne, any specification or help is highly supported specially if android OS developers are reading this. I am looking forward for the success INSALLAH.
drlinux
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mortefer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Alikum-u-Asslam and hello :)
Dude i don't understand what you've just said. You're going to create a lightened Android OS to run on slow/small phones or what? C'mon, give us some more details.
mortefer
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby drlinux » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:15 am

Asslam-u-Alikum,

What you understood is absolutely right dude, Just only the implementation differe in the sense that, I am not planning to burn into the ROM of the Phone, but rather build an Virtual Machine that runs that AndroidLight OS on top of that OS delivered with the Phone. It is my hope and I think that this is possible If this is done it proper regards. This is becuase that I donot want to play with the Phones' ROM, If in future some vendor wants to implement that AndroidLight OS into the phone. It will be much more convient for them to burn the OS into their ROM chips and make that Phone ship with AndroidLight OS.

Regards,
Abdul Mateen.
Android Developer.
drlinux
Freshman
Freshman

Postby novacoder » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am

As I understand you want to cut some functionality from Android platform to make it suitable for lower-end devices. If it is true, you can download original Android sources and investigate if you are able to adapt them for your platforms or devices.
Obviously, you need good knowledge of both platforms: Android and target platform what you want to run AndroidLight on.
We can do anything for Android platform
novacoder
Once Poster
Once Poster

Android OS Modification

Postby alpesh_harsoda » Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 am

Hi,
r u able to change the original source of android?bcoz i m also doing the same job.
waiting for your reply. :)
Regards,
Alpesh Patel,
Logistic Infotech
http://www.logisticinfotech.com
alpesh_harsoda
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Any progress?

Postby ThijsK » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:33 am

Is there any progress in this project?
Because I'm interested in it too, I want to put Android on my LG Secret, but that won't be easy...
Yihaaa!
ThijsK
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to User App Reviews