Is anyone using Xperia X10 Mini/pro

Is anyone using Xperia X10 Mini/pro

Postby sheikh.aman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi.
Is there anyone using Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini or Mini-Pro.
I experienced the handset and simple loved it because of its size and features packed in it.

But what I am concerned about is the app compatibility because of such a small screen.

Is it like, some (or almost all) Android applications downloaded from market, (like games or software) don't run on it because it's screen size is very small?

although being an Android developer, I know (and I also do the same) that apps can be created in such a way that they let Android runtime handle the screen size and draw components relatively, but maybe some programs haven't followed this approach.

I just wanted to know, whether someone has come across this issue with Xperia Mini.

Because I want to buy it, and I also want to have numerous applications on it, that's why I am concerned about it.
Please let me know!

Thanks in Advance!
Impossible is Nothing
sheikh.aman
Developer
Developer

Re: Is anyone using Xperia X10 Mini/pro

Postby roopa » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 am

Yes,i am using Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini or Mini-Pro.I think it has best features than any other device.Its easy to carry because of its less app compatibility .
roopa
Developer
Developer

Postby sheikh.aman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Well, I also bought one X10 Mini pro, and am quite happy with its performance.
Sadly, just after 7 days when I bought it, its price dropped 3 thousand INR, and finally went to 10 thousand INR before SE could stop its production. This thing hurt.

Certainly it was the best in class smartphone, mainly for the people who bought it for its size and ergonomics along with its super smooth screen.
although the same size of the screen was the curse for it as well since a lot of apps and games either didn't perform well or didn't support it at all. but its okay.

The worst, SE denied any future updates to it which is very disappointing.

Now there's a better device available named Xperia Mini Pro, with 1GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, HD capability and 2.3 along with front camera and bigger screen. looking forward to it now.
Impossible is Nothing
sheikh.aman
Developer
Developer

Postby Brynnae » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 am

Yes, previously I was having, all the apps are compatible but sometimes you will not feel good using apps because of the small screen problem. Otherwise there is no issue with compatibility with apps.
Learn more about Magento Development and services at www.spinxwebdesign.com/magento-development/
Brynnae
Developer
Developer

Return to Sony Ericsson Devices