wiederke wrote:Hi Dmitry,
I tested your reader with four documents, on Android 1.5.
Emmanuel7 wrote:I've just tried it on two docs : the first was OK, and the second... hum... it was the phone manual provided by my carrier on the SD card, and it is 14 Mo ! So it crashed the application !
As for the utilization, I found it nice.
Some possible improvements :
* Speed. I'm sure you're doing whatever you can for this one, so I won't comment anymore
* Perhaps it would be useful on the G1 to change the orientation on a real orientation change rather than when the user open the physical keyboard ?
* Bookmarks : I found this really useful : have a list of last used documents, and for each document, open it where it was last opened !
* textual search : for technical documents, it is always welcomed to be able to look for something in the document !
On the bright side :
* it works ! And that's invaluable !
* the tap / double tap control is nice !
I will probably try to use it for real, to read real books, and I will let you know of any new comment !
Emmanuel7 wrote:Hi Skiba,
Nice to hear you could fix some bugs with my crash. I just though this crash was because the pdf was way too big !! ( even if in this case, detecting it and alerting about it is better ). By the way, the crash report you use is awesome !! I've seen it on this forum, and I should absolutely use it !
* Speed : I'm sure it's one of your priority. Caching looks like a good option there too ( some thing like always decoding the next page, as most of the time, users read pages in the order ).
* I think it is really simple : just add this in your manifest :
* bookmarks : no, I mean more than just recent document. I used a ebook reader on DS, and when I launched the application, it automagically opened the last document at the LAST OPENED PAGE ! So in addition to the recent document, you could store the last viewed page.
And, ideally, you could allow the user to add to a document bookmarks ( ie just the page number ), so they can navigate through the docs much more easily.
( note that all this are just improvement/suggestion, your appplication is already really nice ! )
Thanks for your work !
First of all, thanks a lot for your wonderful app... That's so helpful... I love it !
Today, I've got a problem with a simple PDF generated by Cute PDF : one sheet with only text, no image (everything is ok in Acrobat Reader). When i read it with Skiba, numbers are all displayed correctly but text is unreadable. It looks like an encoding issue.
I've attached an example of document. Maybe that's only a problem with Cute PDF which does not encode correctly the document...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests