YouTube API Issue

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

YouTube API Issue

Postby ashishmody » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:07 am

Hi,

I have been trying to use the youtube APIs on the Android Platform (version 1.6) and have been stuck with the SAXParser whenever I send out a query from the following line of code:

Code: Select all
VideoFeed videoFeed = service.query(query, VideoFeed.class);

I initially had errors with the SAXParser for which I applied the patch suggested here :
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9493

After this, the previous error that I had which called an ExternalParametersEntities exception was resolved but I now get a Verify Error :

com.google.gdata.util.common.xml.parsing.SecureGenericXMLFactory$SecureSAXParserFactory

Would anyone know how to get around this error?
Is there any other way to use the youtube api query on an android platform?

Here's a snippet from my LogCat and I am using the google GData APIs

07-23 07:19:01.890: ERROR/dalvikvm(353): Could not find method javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.getSchema, referenced from method com.google.gdata.util.common.xml.parsing.SecureGenericXMLFactory$SecureSAXParserFactory.getSchema
07-23 07:19:01.900: WARN/dalvikvm(353): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 24379: Ljavax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory;.getSchema ()Ljavax/xml/validation/Schema;
07-23 07:19:01.900: WARN/dalvikvm(353): VFY:  rejecting opcode 0x6e at 0x0002
07-23 07:19:01.900: WARN/dalvikvm(353): VFY:  rejected Lcom/google/gdata/util/common/xml/parsing/SecureGenericXMLFactory$SecureSAXParserFactory;.getSchema ()Ljavax/xml/validation/Schema;
07-23 07:19:01.900: WARN/dalvikvm(353): Verifier rejected class Lcom/google/gdata/util/common/xml/parsing/SecureGenericXMLFactory$SecureSAXParserFactory;

Cheers!
ashishmody
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems