Woods: It's going to be rough

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Woods: It's going to be rough

Postby breenda » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:31 am

Tiger Woods admits he will have to be on top of his game at Royal Lytham if he is to have success at The Open.

The former world number one spent more than five hours on the links course on Sunday to prepare for the third major of the year, but Ping G20 Combo Set proved to be a difficult day.

When asked about the testing conditions, Woods was quoted by various papers as saying: "Oh my God. It's just that you can't get out of it. The bottom six inches is so lush.

"The wispy stuff, we've always faced that at every British Open. But that bottom six inches, in some places it's almost unplayable. I've never seen the rough this high or thick and dense."

He added: "Probably the biggest difference [since 2001] are the bunker conditions.

"A lot of them had standing water in them so it will be interesting to see how much more 712 AP2 Forged Irons they can take."

Woods wasn't alone in his criticism with fellow American Keegan Bradley, the 2011 USPGA champion, also voicing concerns.

"I tried not to hit any out of the rough today but I will for the rest of the week," he said.

"It's very spotty. One foot to the left, you are hitting in to the green; another foot and you are chipping out to the fairway. It's a flip of the coin whether you're going to get a good lie or not."

Despite his struggles on Sunday, Woods is still a fan of the course

"Lytham is certainly up there," he said. "I like the layout. It's fair. They don't have to trick it up. They don't have to do anything with it. They can play it as the members play it and it would still be difficult. It's not that long.

"If it's calm, we can shoot some good scores.

"If it's wet, lush, you've got to be more aggressive. Have to see how Scotty Cameron California Putter Series are playing. Some years it's fast and some it's not. The two years I played it was quick. The ball was travelling quite a bit. They've made a few changes in tee boxes, lengthened a few holes but most of the bunker adjustments were made the last time."
breenda
Developer
Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems