Wiesberger, Gonzalez out in front

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Wiesberger, Gonzalez out in front

Postby estelle » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 am

The duo took full advantage of the receptive scoring conditions at Gleneagles' Centenary Course, posting seven-under 65s to grab a one-stroke lead heading into Friday's second round.
Australian Brett Rumford, Spain's Ignacio Garrido, Thailand's Thongchai Jaidee and English trio Oliver Fisher, Ross Fisher and Mark Foster trail by one shot.
Another Englishman, 22-year-old Tom Lewis, is part of a five-man group on five under.
Wiesberger, a two-time winner in Europe last season, has been in solid form leading up to the tournament having made 17 straight cuts, and finished strongly on Thursday with three straight birdies.
"I didn't make a lot of mistakes," said the 27-year-old. "I had troubles the last couple weeks driving the ball, and coming off Major Championships where you have to be very precise off the tee, I felt I had a bit more margin of error here.
"My driving is better the last couple of days, which helped a lot, and I've got shorter Scotty Cameron Studio Select into the greens, and I could take advantage of those.
"I came here with the feeling that I like the golf course, I like the weather, playing in these colder conditions, I think it suits me. I'm very relaxed; had last week off, so quite fresh into this tournament and that helped me."
Gonzalez' showing is more of a surprise, considering he hasn't had a top-10 finish all season and hasn't won since 2009.
The Argentine made seven birdies, two bogeys and sunk a 10-foot putt for eagle at the par-five second.
"I played jpx 800 driver for sale very good from the tee, made some good putts, and that's why it's a good score," he said.
"I like the course. I think the weather opened my eyes and made me take more concentration on my putter and my driver."
Oliver Fisher would have shared the lead but for a bogey at the last, but tied third was still a good performance for the Englishman, who hasn't had a top-10 finish since his maiden title in the Czech Republic two years ago.
Fisher said he was drawing from the experience of playing alongside US PGA champion Jason Dufner in the Open Championship.
"I played discount golf clubs with Jason the last round, I think he shoot four under and I shoot three, and there's not a lot between," said Fisher. "He's just gone on to finish second at Bridgestone and won the PGA, and I sat at home watching it on telly. It doesn't take a lot, the difference in the game to completely change your year or change your career, if you like.
estelle
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems