Virtualbox + XP Pro + ADB + HTC Sync

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Virtualbox + XP Pro + ADB + HTC Sync

Postby visert » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:03 am

Hello to all...

I'm newbie in deveolping in android.
First question: it's necessary link with HTC Sync the device to deploy with ADB?
If yes...

I'm trying to developing into virtual machine (Virtual Box with a guest XP Pro on win7 host). I'm successfully installaed Eclips + ADB Manager (bonded with my android device - an HTC Legend). To bond it I had modified usd windows driver.
But now Eclipse is not able to deploy into device (give a I/O Error when try to deploy...) : may depend that HTC Sync on VM is not connected with device?

If yes... I don't able to connect HTC Sync client (on HTC Legend) with HTC Server on virtual Machine because the device is intercepted by the host and not by VM guest (I tryed also to make USB filter on VM host...and tryed to manage USB device with USBDEVIEW freeware... but does not work.

Someone cal help me?
thku!
visert
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Virtualbox + XP Pro + ADB + HTC Sync

Postby Ath » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 am

Does it help if you give focus to the VM when you connect the USB-cable to the HTC? I'm working with VMWare Workstation, and whenever I connect my USB equipment, it gets loaded in the VM if that has focus (XP, W2K3srv, W7), and to the host (W7) if that has focus.
/Ath
Ath
Developer
Developer

Re: Virtualbox + XP Pro + ADB + HTC Sync

Postby visert » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 pm

in SUN VirtualBox there're USB filter that work right... I set VM so that when I connect the usb device the device is unlink on host and linked on VM automatically...and that's work, but HTC Sync it seems that is not visible to the device (in fact the HTC Legend say that there's not HTC on PC ...and in HTC Sync on VM the device is disconnected).

...the problem is still alive...
visert
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems