Using Eclipse to emulate my android

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Using Eclipse to emulate my android

Postby falconmick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok... Ive spent the last 2 hours pulling my hair out because eclipse will not run my apps... What I mean is that I make an app... debug it so it SHOULD run... run it (through right clicking the project) and the emulator loads... but once its started it doesn't launch the app and its not installed on the virtual device.... It should be auto-launched aparently... but its not... also, I tried using adb.exe but it kept saying that the device was not connected -.- which the emulator was running 0,0
falconmick
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Using Eclipse to emulate my android

Postby Jems » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Try making a new run or debug configuration. You may have accidently got stuck with one that repeatedly trys to run something else other than the latest version of your project.
Jems
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby siddharth_aka_appu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 am

I have another question w.r.t emulator on eclipse.
I run my app on the eclipse emulator .. and results are as expected... now I would like to do few changes to my app .
I do the code changes ..now to see the reflected changes.... is it always necessary that I close the emulator and relaunch it again.....
Is it not possible to directly ..deploy the changes on to the opened emulator.... I ask this cos my emulator takes a while to launch..
siddharth_aka_appu
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby m1shk4 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:19 pm

It is unnecessary to close emulator on every new deployment
If you have at least one active real/virtual device running and try to "Run as Android application" app will be deployed on active device automatically
If you have more than one, you'll see selector window
m1shk4
Developer
Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems