Useless APKs after updating to ADT 8.0.0

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Useless APKs after updating to ADT 8.0.0

Postby HarryH » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just upgraded to the new ADT but now I am unable to install APKs them on an actual device.

I have a T-Mobile Pulse which for some reason I cannot use with Eclipse (the serial number comes up as ????????????) so I use eoeAppInstaller to install the APKs from the SD card.

However, after the update, eoeAppInstaller doesn't even recognise the APKs. I have also tried to open them using the phone's file manager but all I get is a toast saying 'Cannot open file'. I have checked that this method works with my old APKs which it does.

What is screwing around with my packages and how can I fix it? Any help would be great. I have an update for my app ready with about 26 000 000 bug fixes.

Thankyou,

Harry.

p.s I also have a G1 on which the app works fine when launching from Eclipse.
HarryH
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Useless APKs after updating to ADT 8.0.0

Postby Schermvlieger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:05 am

Sounds like a signing problem; try installing by creating/signing a package from the Manifest view, then install with ADB from a terminal window; what error message do you get? If that fails, try making a new alias/signature and make/install a package with that.
Schermvlieger
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Useless APKs after updating to ADT 8.0.0

Postby HarryH » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Hey Schermvlieger,

Thanks for the reply. I can't use ADB with my Pulse because of the serial number problem. But I tried to install it on my G1 from terminal.

'adb install /home/harry/app' didnt work, however 'adb install /home/harry/app.apk' did.............stupid mistake for a computer developer :D.

Thanks,

Harry
HarryH
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems