USB device not recognized

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

USB device not recognized

Postby PaulFake » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:19 am

Hello,

I just bought a used Samsung Acclaim R880 on eBay for Android development. When I connect it to my computer via the micro-USB cable that came with my Amazon Kindle, I see the "Installing device driver software" popup in my system toolbar, followed by a "Failed to install device driver software" message, and sometimes a message that says "USB device not recognized, malfunction blah blah." The real kicker is that when I connect the phone to my computer, my computer's WiFi adapter disconnects from the network, and the computer loses its list of available networks until I disable and re-enable my adapter. I went to Samsung's website and installed the latest USB driver for the phone. Tried various other things, such as restoring the phone to factory settings, disabling Dial-Up Networking and enabling USB Debugging on the phone, and removing the battery pack for a few seconds and replacing it. I have verified that my USB cable functions correctly when I connect my Kindle to my computer, so it's not the cable. Also, I am experiencing the same behavior on my wife's laptop as well as my own PC. I'm using Windows 7.
PaulFake
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: USB device not recognized

Postby PaulFake » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Using a different USB port worked.
PaulFake
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems