The LX5 is a creative compact digital camera with f/2.0 Leica DC VARIO-Summicron Lens and New Higher sensitivity CCD. LX5 not only gives us better quality photos, it also has great video recording function. LX5 supports HD movie in AVCHD Lite, the AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) format has been used in various excellent cameras and camcorders.
There are always some video clips that you do not want or somewhere you need to edit LX5 AVCHD Lite Video, so you often need to edit Panasonic LX5 AVCHD on FCP X, FCP on Mac, but FCP X and FCP doesn't support AVCHD well, before import LX5 AVCHD MTS/M2TS to FCP, the best solution to edit AVCHD footages on FCP X is to convert LX5 AVCHD to Final Cut Pro compatible videos.
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac comes as the best AVCHD to FCP converter, it can convert LX5 AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP X editing on Mac, it's a great Mac ProRes Converter which also helps you merge AVCHD footages into one file with ease.
Below is a simple guide for you to convert Panasonic LX5 AVCHD footage to ProRes for FCP editing.
1. Transfer LX5 AVCHD MTS/M2TS video footages to your PC.
2. Download Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, install and launch it.
3. Click format bar to choose the best output format for FCP X, FCP editing. Click and choose "Final Cut Pro >>Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" format.
4. Click "Settings" to set video resolution (1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate（from 1Mbps to 20Mbps）, frame rate (24p/30p) as you like.
5. Click convert button to start. The LX5 AVCHD converter will transcode AVCHD to Apple ProRes codec, convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS to MOV video.
After LX5 AVCHD conversion, you can click "Open" to find .mov videos for use on Mac. By converting AVCHD MTS/M2TS video into Apple ProRes 422 codec, you can import the converted AVCHD footage to FCP instantly, then, just edit LX5 video in FCP as you want.