The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Postby NewUser » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I know this is a common error, and upon googling the issue I have found websites that claim that they wil help you solve it, but as I'm new to all this I don't actually understand what they're trying to get me to do.

I'm using Eclipse and Windows 7.
I've tried using the debug view in eclipse but I have no idea what to press from there or what anything that comes up means.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
NewUser
Freshman
Freshman

Re: The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try aga

Postby Jems » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 pm

That message is what you usually get if your program crashes from any Exception, you have logic errors. You need to open up the DDMS perspective in Eclipse, then look at the LogCat window there (try maximising it if you like). If you cause the app to give the error, then scroll to the bottom of your LogCat window, you should see a whole bunch of text in red. This is the stack trace of the Exception. Look for any nice error messages there giving the cause of the exception, and also look for where it reports the Exception occured in any of your source files. It will say what line of code the exception occured on for each source file listed in the Exception.
Jems
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Re: The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try aga

Postby NewUser » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Erm, these are the only errors I get:
NewUser
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems