Stream/Play MKV Video form Media Server on HD TV via WD TV

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Stream/Play MKV Video form Media Server on HD TV via WD TV

Postby smallfish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:57 am

How to Stream/Play MKV Video form Media Server on HD TV via WD TV

WDTV – Unable to Play MKV’s from Media Server

I have used WDTV’s for a couple years now and think they are great. I got tired of continually transferring large files to the hard drives of multiple WD’s in the house so I bought a new computer to be used a media server for house and have the WDTV’s all networked. I got my media libraries all set up and the WD’s are able to see the file locations…or so I thought. I noticed that several files were missing. Turns out all the MKV files were not showing on the WDTV.

Form: community.wdc.com

As far as know, WDTV Live Hub support video codec include: AVI, DivX, h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Quicktime, VC-1, WMV, XviD etc. However, If you just have some movies or TV shows in MKV format, you may want to enjoy them on your WDTV Live Hub. Actually the MKV file format supporting holding unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file, can’t be played on the HD TV via WDTV Live Hub. The article will present an easy solution to stream and play MKV Video form Media Server on HD TV via WD TV Live.

In the first place, we need a video conversion to convert MKV file to WDTV Live Hub support format. There are many programs out there that allow us to convert MKV file to WDTV Live Hub for playing on HD TV. A recommended one is MKV to WDTV Converter. a top MKV Video Conversion can help you helps you convert not only MKV movies, but also HD/non-HD movies and videos in other formats like AVI, MTS/M2TS, TIVO, MPEG, WMV, RMVB, FLV/F4V, and more.

Free Download the MKV to WDTV Converter, install and run it.

If you are Mac Users, please download Mac MKV to WDTV Converter.

The easiest way to stream and play MKV Video form Media Server on HD TV via WD TV Live

Step 1. Download and Run the MKV to WDTV Converter and click “Add Files” to import the MKV videos files to the program. You can also simply drag and drop video files to the source pane to load the files.

Step 2. Click on the “Format” bar to choose a format for iTunes video conversion for WD TV Live Plus or Live Hub. You can choose “H.264 Video(*.mp4)” from “Common Video” category or other formats compatible with WD TV.

Step 3. You can click “Settings” button to set the video/audio parameters for WD TV. For example, to get 720p video playback effect, you can set “Size” to “1280*720″. To get Full HD 1080p resolution, just set “Size” to “1920*1080″.

Step 4. The last step is to click the “Convert” button on the main interface to begin converting MKV videos for playing on HD TV via WD TV Live. You can tap “Open” to locate the converted movies when the conversion completes. After that, just transfer the movies on HD TV via WD TV Live for smooth playback.

smallfish
Developer
Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems