Some functionalities bugging in the emulator

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Some functionalities bugging in the emulator

Postby guillaume » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello,

I'm having a lot of (mysterious) trouble to have the emulator working.

Using the SDK r1 from Google, I have noticed quite a few bugs. The most painful is that the savedInstanceState is not supplied to onCreate (not only for my app but for all of them) but I also noticed that the power button doesn't work. The weirdest thing is that the same happens on both Ubuntu (8.10 32bit) and Vista (32 bit).

Building the source resulted with the same problems two weeks ago. This week, if I build the source, besides the same problems the home and call buttons do not work anymore.

I followed the instructions from the source.android.com website using Sun's JDK 6, then 5 as advised here

I tried all of this on a clean Ubuntu system several times and I consistently get these same errors. My laptop is quite stable otherwise. But I don't have any other computer to try.

While I run make, I get a pretty big output (815 kB on standard output and 850 kB on standard error) but searching for "error" doesn't show anything but some lines like "frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/public.xml:706: WARNING No comment for public symbol android:string/VideoView_error_button" or such.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Does the power button work for you ? I think it hasn't worked since the m5 release for me.

Thanks
guillaume
Freshman
Freshman

not for me ...

Postby VoiceTech » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:53 am

just did a quick test while using the emulator and the power button doesn't work for me. looking at the logs there's no event triggered either. probably a wire loose somewhere :-)

i tested on

CentOS 5.2

java version "1.6.0_0"
IcedTea6 1.3.1 (6b12-Fedora-EPEL-5) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b12)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 1.6.0_0-b12, mixed mode) :roll:
VoiceTech
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems