SDK running in Windows 7

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

SDK running in Windows 7

Postby cyrus.phil.andev » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:54 am

Sometimes the emulator don't load my app. Even using HelloWorld Example won't load must of the time. Is there something with the emulator or it's just my computer? Please help. :?:
cyrus.phil.andev
Freshman
Freshman

Re: SDK running in Windows 7

Postby JamTheMan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm

There must be some kind of error in LogCat when your map doesn't show?
JamTheMan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby raj_J2ME » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 pm

You probably will be getting some error/exception inside the logcat and the only way to figure out the issue. Please check the logcat when the app was not loaded in, and share the same here also. Again the emulator must be displaying some dialog on the screen.
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby cyrus.phil.andev » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 am

Thank you for the reply!

I figure it out now. What happen is, when I tapped F2 twice then go to manage app the click HelloWorld. The text won't load. So, I try another way which to click F2 the click the square icon(or it's a group of square arrange to form square-like shape ) then pop the apps menu along with the Helloworld which i clicked and display the app. I don't have a android phone yet so I don't know how to navi in the emulator. And, the logcat confuse me a bit since it gave the same error even the app loaded nicely. here my error message:

08-17 13:54:24.164: ERROR/HelloWorld_logger(408): Hello Activity: startingto.Android.HelloWorldActivity@40645ea0
cyrus.phil.andev
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems