SDK and AVD manager have no 'window'

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

SDK and AVD manager have no 'window'

Postby parker.sikand » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 am

Hi all,

I'm running a fresh install of Linux Mint 12, 64-bit. I installed eclipse through the GUI package manager (why??? :shock: ) instead of downloading on my own. The issue I am having is that when I open the SDK manager or AVD manager from within eclipse, the box with all the options pops up and works correctly, but it is not inside a "window". It kinda just hovers over eclipse, locked in place. There is no 'ok' button or X in the corner or anything; there is no way to dismiss the box. I can resize it, but I can't move it. After I open it, its stuck there and I can't return to eclipse. Eclipse will not close on its own either, I must manually kill the process. I believe this is a permissions related error, as I could not get the ADT to install through the eclipse software manager until I invoked with 'sudo eclipse'... kind of sketchy, I think.

I know I can just manually install eclipse and everything will probably just work, but I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows if there is a fix for it.

Thanks!
parker.sikand
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: SDK and AVD manager have no 'window'

Postby phikapjames » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Did you ever find a solution to this. I'm somewhat having the same issues here, but the difference is that I actually installed Eclipse Classic to my local directory and still don't have the window:

- Mint Linux 12
- Eclipse Classic Indigo
- Latest SDK from 3/3/2012

If I open either of Android SDK Manager or AVD Manager, I get the same issues. It shows up with all the information in them, but there is no way to close the window. No X, close, or even the ability to right click and close it. The only way to do it is kill eclipse.
phikapjames
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: SDK and AVD manager have no 'window'

Postby oenderrr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 pm

i had the same problem. i tried everything but cant find anything. the i found it finally.
solution is very simple: escape key on keyboard :))
oenderrr
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems