SDK 1.1

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

SDK 1.1

Postby LBDev » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Last night, my Android G1 asked if I wanted to update my phone. Being tired and not thinking clearly, I said yes not realizing that SDK 1.1 was being installed on my phone. Now I have a couple of my test applications that will not work properly due to this update. I went out to the Android Dev site hoping that the new SDK 1.1 was also released for developers, but I did not see one. T-Mobile has informed me that I cannot roll back to SDK 1.0

1. Will SDK 1.1 be released for developers anytime soon?
LBDev
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:23 pm

I can't imagine SDK 1.0R2 or R1 applications not working with v1.1. That would kinda break every app available now.
MrSnowflake

Postby LBDev » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Thanks Mr. Snowflake. I was thinking the same. I ended up returning my phone and getting a new phone with 1.0 on it and my applications started working. My applications are GPS in nature and the Location functions "appeared" to stop working with the upgrade. So either there is a problem with the upgrade and using the Locaton functions or I had a series of unfortunate events. I will assume it was my unknown error unless others start reporting the same problem.
LBDev
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:17 am

Probably you use some not very well documented function in a way Google didn't want you to use it.. :).
MrSnowflake

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems