Reviews on Callaway X Hot Driver

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Reviews on Callaway X Hot Driver

Postby estelle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:58 am

I just picked up this driver (10.5 / reg flex) and took it to the range today (I'm 40, 5'8" and using standard length clubs). I'm a mid-high handicapper getting back into golfing after 20 years of not picking up a discount golf clubs, and I'm currently playing in a weekly 9 hole league. I've been working on my swing since March '13 and starting to get better results. The X Hot made a significant improvement in my drives at the range.
My driver, until today, has been a used Taylormade r580 xd (10.5 / reg flex). I've been making progress with fixing my slices and getting more consistent with my swing, and today, the X Hot has given me a nice leap forward. My drives at the range have been noticeably straighter and carried farther. My carry has easily been between 200-230 yards today (I have a slow swing) where I was struggling to get that with the Taylormade if I hit the ball straight.
In comparison to the Taylormade 10.5 loft and ball launch angle, my ball launches have been much steeper with the X Hot 10.5. The X Hot also feels much better on contact. I haven't done a thing with the X Hot's available adjustments yet, I don't think I need to right now.
Callaway Golf's newest driver is the X Hot, and the company touts its ball speed and distance performances. As in the claim that the X Hot driver may provide an additional 13 yards of distance (based on the average result in testing against the Callaway RAZR X Black driver).
The X Hot driver incorporates some of Callaway's well-known technology, such as Speed Frame Face Technology, to address not just efficient energy transfer from club to ball, but also weight savings.
In the X Hot Drivers, Callaway has implemented its thinnest casting technology ever in the all-titanium head to create a lighter swing weight and overall configuration, a combination that benefits most players in terms of head speed and distance, especially golfers with an average swing speed.
Another benefit of the new, thin casting technology to the golfer is the inclusion of Draw Bias Progression, which changes the amount of draw bias depending on the loft, allowing golfers to better control sidespin and tune their shot shape. Players with higher lofts can take advantage of higher draw bias for straighter shots, while players with lower lofts can utilize a more neutral CG that fits their game.
estelle
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems