Removing DRM and convert iTunes m4v to Asus TF700 Tablet

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Postby Etan520 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:31 am

Summary: Tricks for Watching proteced iTunes movies Asus Transformer Pad Infinity 7 by removing DRM and convert iTunes m4v to Asus TF700 Tablet supported video formats for syncing.

The Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700's high-resolution screen and battery life really rocks for watching movies up to Full-HD 1080p. However, sometime something goes wrong if you try to sync and play iTunes movies on TF700. Don't fret! Below, I will throw a quick tutorial up on how to transfer movies from iTunes to Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 for enjoying with ease.

Why we can't watch iTunes m4v files on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700

It is mainly caused by Apple's copyright protection. Apple uses FairPlay DRM to lock the m4v files including TV episodes, movies, and music videos in the iTunes Store. To play a protected M4V file, the device needs to be authorized (using iTunes) with the account that was used to purchase the video. Unfortunately, the Android devices have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means iTunes movies will not even play on the Asus Infinity TF700.

What if any iTunes movies work on the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700

In order to enjoy iTunes movies on Asus TF700 with ease, you'd better remove iTunes DRM restriction and convert iTunes m4v to Asus Transformer TF700 supported video formats along with some help from a iTunes Movie DRM Decoder. If you're interested in doing likewise, check out Pavtube's ChewTune, which can easily handle iTunes DRM-protected videos and Windows Media DRM contents included with the Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copies. I've had success using the program to convert iTunes movies to Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 playable videos. I've found the quality to be excellent, and see no difference when compared to playing the iTunes videos themselves. Just free download it and follow the guide below to put iTunes movies on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700.

How to Put and Play iTunes movies on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700

Step 1. Free Download and run the iTunes M4V Converter and import your iTunes files (movies or TV shows) to the program.

Step 2. Select the output format. Here I recommend you "Android > ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700 Full HD Video(*.mp4)" (to get the profile, you need to download a patch here) which is a format special designed for Asus TF700 Tablet and also supply full screen effect.

If you want to get better video playback effect, you can change the default settings from 3000 kbps to 4000 or 5000bps or higher (also you can downsize the birate). For watching videos on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700, 1080p with 3000bps is just all right. I find that bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.

Step 3. After above steps, just click "Convert" to start removing iTunes DRM protection and converting iTunes M4V to Asus Infinity TF700 H.264 MP4.

Once the conversion completes, download and copy result videos to your TF700. So there you have it. In this way, you can watch DRMed iTunes movies on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 as you want. Enjoy!
Etan520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems