R.Java related error on project creation

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

R.Java related error on project creation

Postby sambocrockett » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Ive had this problem since a couple days ago. Everytime I try to start a new project, it gets created with an already existing error

ERROR: Unable to open class file C:\Users\sambocrockett\workspace\test\gen\test\test\com\R.java: No such file or directory

Ive tried everything I could think of including uninstalling everything and making sure I had everything back to default. Can some one tell me if theyve had the same problem. Is it something to do with the 0.9.9 release or something? I need to get this taken care of as soon as possible so I can start working on my projects again so any help would be much appreciated.
sambocrockett
Freshman
Freshman

Re: R.Java related error on project creation

Postby sambocrockett » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 am

Ok I think I just figured out whats happening......when the projects created, eclipse is naming the package something different than what its putting in the manifest.....Im gonna test it out with a new project Im working on to see if the error comes back
sambocrockett
Freshman
Freshman

Re: R.Java related error on project creation

Postby charliebrown408 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:11 am

First you have to recheck the class path of the simulator whichever you used, if still error remains then you have to check on-line error solving websites.
charliebrown408
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems