Problem with Geocoder class

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Problem with Geocoder class

Postby Eagle Eye » Sun May 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi all!
I am trying to use Geocoder class and it throws IOException: Service not available. I think problem is that geocoder.getLocalName returning null value.
I have added:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
so mainfest file is ok.

I use AVD with Google API.
Anybody could help me, please?
Eagle Eye
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Problem with Geocoder class

Postby nickt » Mon May 24, 2010 8:37 am

I now have this problem too but only since I installed Android 2.2 and a level 8 Google API AVD . If I build a previously working Eclipse project with SDK 2.1 and target level 8 it' still occurs. Only Android 2.1 with a level 7 target still works. I didn't have this problem upgrading from level 5 though 6 to 7. The only differences in android.location in the change notes refer to the LocationManager.

Not much help I know, but now you know that it's not just you.

I get the exception on coder.getFromLocationName and have the same manifest permissions as the original post, plus
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_MOCK_LOCATION" />
nickt
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Eagle Eye » Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 am

So geocoder throw exception on AVD but if it will be work on mobile?
Eagle Eye
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Kugelschlag » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:52 pm

nickt wrote:I now have this problem too but only since I installed Android 2.2 and a level 8 Google API AVD . If I build a previously working Eclipse project with SDK 2.1 and target level 8 it' still occurs. Only Android 2.1 with a level 7 target still works. I didn't have this problem upgrading from level 5 though 6 to 7. The only differences in android.location in the change notes refer to the LocationManager.

Not much help I know, but now you know that it's not just you.

I get the exception on coder.getFromLocationName and have the same manifest permissions as the original post, plus
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_MOCK_LOCATION" />

Confirmed. I am seeing the same thing after updating to 2.2 level 8.

I also noticed the mapview is noticeably slower refreshing on drags.

Anybody else see this?
Kugelschlag
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby mathias.lin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:58 pm

I confirm I have the same issues with API 2.2 and API 2.1 level 8, only with level 7 it works ok. (on emulator)
mathias.lin
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby wirblix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Just FYI, here's the bug link:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8816

(Just ran into this myself)
wirblix
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby cyclopes49 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:27 am

4 solution check out this link this will sure helps...

http://stackoverflow.com/a/9173488/1151312
cyclopes49
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems