Problem compiling google apps

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Problem compiling google apps

Postby stewartg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 pm

I am interested in extending the default music player so I downloaded the appropriate sources from git and loaded the project into Eclipse. Eclipse reported 250 errors and a good portion of them are from broken dependencies.

I have tried various versions of the sdk including the latest m3, m5 and 1.0 releases. With each lesser version of the sdk the number of errors increases, but I noticed that some of the required classes (such as ArrayListCursor) have been removed from the later sdk's. Even worse, it appears to be using classes that are not in the sdk at all (such as FileUtils).

I have tried compiling and linking the missing classes, which of course have other dependencies. I have even downloaded the entire android source and compiling the whole system, but it fails compiling some library.

The music app is ok, I just want to add things such as streaming audio, last.fm support, cover art searching, and a few other things, and don't want to rewrite whats already there since I probably wouldn't do as good of a job.

How can I get the default music app with the sources from git into a workable project?
stewartg
Freshman
Freshman

Postby x-files » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 pm

I have even problems with Launcher app.
x-files
Developer
Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems