Open NFC Android Emulator installation

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Open NFC Android Emulator installation

Postby c4rp4nt4 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm a new user of Android and intending to develop NFC applications for this platform. Researching on the net I found an Open NFC Android Emulator http://open-nfc.org/wp/editions/android/ , but following the HOW TO, I can't create a new AVD with target (“OpenNFC 2.3.5 Add-On”).

The steps in the guide are:

Install the Android SDK from official home page. You will have to install the “SDK Platform Android 2.3.3, API10, revision N” package at least.
- OK

Extract the content of the Open NFC archive, then copy the Open NFC image (android_sdk/add-ons/addon_open_nfc) into the “add-ons” folder of the Android SDK you installed in previous step.
-CORE OR SDK DOWNLOAD?

4.3.1 specific: Use the UPDATED AVD image that can be found in the Downloads.
-WHERE EXTRACT THIS DOWNLOAD?

Open the “SDK Manager” application from the Android SDK.
-OK

Go to the “Virtual Devices” list item and select “New” (see here for more explanation)
Name your new AVD, then select the Open NFC target (“OpenNFC 2.3.5 Add-On”).
- THERE ISN'T THE TARGET !!

/****************************************/

Sorry because I'm new Android developer, and I think in this guide is something wrong, I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.
c4rp4nt4
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Open NFC Android Emulator installation

Postby Openxcell » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 am

Amazing one. I have seen some information regarding the NFC Application over the youtube. It seems like it contain the things which contain the app widget which could be used into the android system.
Openxcell
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Re: Open NFC Android Emulator installation

Postby c4rp4nt4 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:25 am

If I'm not wrong you need first install add-on into the SDK Manager and create new AVD to test your NFC apps and after in the emulator in Wifi Settings enable NFC services, and this is where I am ...
c4rp4nt4
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems