Olazabal 'chilling' ahead of Ryder Cup

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Olazabal 'chilling' ahead of Ryder Cup

Postby breenda » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 am

European captain Jose Maria Olazabal will be taking it easy over the next few days ahead of what promises to be a thrilling Ryder Cup.

Olazabal is coming off a solid display at the Italian Open where he shot his lowest score in three years - a seven-under par 65 - on the final day while two of his team members, Nicolas Colsaerts and Martin Kaymer, carded 67s to finish tied fifth.

With the European Tour taking a break this week ahead of the discount golf clubs with the Americans, Olazabal will be spending time at home to prepare for the biennial event at Medinah in Chicago.

"That's why I am taking this week off. I am going to stay at home, just relax, chill out, make a few calls, check everything's in place," he said.

"I'll also be talking to the PGA people, to my team, to see everything is spot on.

"Thomas Bjorn and Jamie Spence are travelling to Chicago on Thursday, so they'll be on site from Friday and they will give me some information on the set-up of the course.

"There are some other things I need to do plus I'll be keeping an eye on how the boys are playing golf irons for sale in Atlanta. You know, those little things."

One thing the Spaniard will be looking at while at home are the speeches and he will be eager to avoid making the same mistake that Nick Faldo made at Valhalla four years ago when he introduced Padraig Harrington as "He's hit more golf balls than potatoes grown in Ireland" and named Soren Hansen as Soren Stenson'.

"The speeches are the part I feel most uncomfortable with," he said.

"Obviously, they're not our cup of tea in the sense we are not used to doing that week-out, week-in, and talking in front of millions of people.

"I won't tell you if I've written my speech but it's tough as you don't want to forget anyone, you have to thank the right people.

"I know Sam (Torrance) got some coaching, so it's not easy. As players we are used to hitting tee shots by taylormade r11 irons, chips and putts and there's nothing really to fear but making speeches? Well, that's different.

"I feel I've been okay up to now and hopefully I'll be okay when I get to Medinah and I won't make a mess of it."
breenda
Developer
Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems