No AVD's listed

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

No AVD's listed

Postby rackham » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 am

Hello eveyone. Im having a problem (im using Eclispse) when i start an Android app that when i set it so i can choose what already running AVD instance I want to book into I have nothing listed in the 'Android Device Chooser' even though i have a running device started through eclipse. Can anyone inform me why this running AVD is not visable to eclipse?

ps when set to 'auto' eclipse tries to start anothing AVD and then fails as the image in already in use....
rackham
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby rackham » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:34 am

Ok, i managed to solve on my own (for some reasons the mods on the android dev commuinty boards would not approve my posts so I didnt have much choice!)

When starting an AVD through eclpise, using the AVD manager or when just running an android project with no AVD running is when the problem occured.

If i start my AVD through the command line (navigate to the android SDK / tools folder) by typing emulator -avd my_avd_name, it is then accessable through eclipse and I can see the running device when I have 'choose my avd manually' selected in the eclipse project.

Hope this helps anyone who was stuck like me!
rackham
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems