Mizuno MP-58 Irons Provides a Solid Option

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Mizuno MP-58 Irons Provides a Solid Option

Postby VictoriaSecret » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 am

Mizuno irons have long adorned the bags of many good players around the world. The cheap Mizuno MP-58 Irons have a build you would expect from Mizuno. Very solid and classic - while infusing some new technology.

The look can inspire good mental thoughts and the feel and feedback will reinforce them. While the MP-58s may not look as simple or pure as a traditional blade, there might not be a better looking dual muscle club out there. The feel impresses even more and is exactly what you'd expect out of a Mizuno club.

At impact, the feel is incredibly solid, markedly different from the cheap Mizuno MP-59 Irons, which is much softer and more buttery. Despite what Mizuno says about a penetrating flight, I found the trajectory higher than the MP-68, but given that it is designed to offer a little bit of help, that is surely no bad thing - particularly if the towering iron shot is just your thing.

As for on the course, I had a chance to put the MP-58s in my bag for a few rounds. Again, there was no transition period whatsoever. I just hit the MP-58s the same way I would my current clubs. Distances were very similar. If there was one thing I couldn't do as well with the MP-58s on the course it was working the ball. I did not, and had a hard time, trying to hit a hard draw or cut. My normal draw was there, but not nearly as much as I am use to.

In terms of working the ball, it’s still predictably good, although the increased forgiveness and technology does make it more of an effort than the Mizuno MP-64 Irons for sale. Again, that might not be a bad thing for some MP players. In the looks department it’s another definite winner, with a stunning clubhead giving real confidence at address.

In my opinion, the MP-58 could be found in the bags of a range of players. Not just the middle handicapper, but the scratch as well. In testing these out, I don't think that I'd be compromising too much in any direction by playing the Mizuno JPX825 Irons. The fact is because they are so easy to hit and have the look and near-feel of a traditional muscleback or blade, I'm probably going to keep them in my bag.
VictoriaSecret
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems