looking at my apps data files using ddms

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

looking at my apps data files using ddms

Postby mhuman1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:03 pm

I have created a database and a plain text file. I have a 2.1 emulator running and can watch the activity in the log as I change screens using ddms.

I can't see any folders for me under the /data/data/myapp. There should be a folder with my apps name there. It should have three folders: "databases","files" and "lib". I can't find my apps' folder at all, let alone the database, etc.

All I see are a bunch of folders named "con", one folder named "and" and one folder named "jp.c".

I'm probably doing something silly, but it won't be the first time.
help?
Thanks
mhuman1
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mhuman1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:32 pm

I have tried a 1.5 emulator and a 2.1 emulator and I still get the /data/data/con folders with no /data/data/my app folder.
I can see my app running in the /data/app folder. I can also see the pictures that I downloaded in the sdcard folder.

Again, I am looking for files and databases that should be in a /data/data/myapp folder. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Is it possible that Vista has gotten me again?

Thanks,
mhuman1
mhuman1
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mhuman1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Problem solved.

My screen was split so that most of the package names were covered up. The com. at the beginning of each package was split exactly so that it became a con. I knew I was doing something silly.
mhuman1
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems