Link for Gingerbread 2.3.3 source code

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Link for Gingerbread 2.3.3 source code

Postby pheonix0410 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello fellow Android Developers,

I have stalled out in the middle of an Android App Development tutorial, that was going very well until now. This is my first time debugging an app.

Error was related to adding the source for the android.jar file. It seems that I need a source code for Gingerbread 2.3.3. Please post a link and instructions if needed.

Thanks very much

P.S. some details on my coding tools and problem. I am using Eclipse 3.7 on Windows 7. I am reading up on several options now, but it sounds like I just need the 2.3.3 source code. Let me know what you think.

--Pheonix
pheonix0410
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Link for Gingerbread 2.3.3 source code

Postby rekire » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Well it is possible to attach the android source code, but i never done that because i saw never a sense for that.
See Android like a Black-Box if your application crash, you have a big change that the error is in your code and not in that one from Android.
However the Android Sourcecode is here: http://source.android.com/
rekire
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby pheonix0410 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Thank you for your response. I'm posted on five forums total and you are the first to give me an answer.

I realize it is probably a noob question, as everything I have read pointed me to the same place. I am running on Windows 7 and the setup seems pretty heavy.. to get setup with GIt and repo on a windows system. I found a link to download Eclair 2.1, but this was not my version and it was tar.gz'd.

I would just like to confirm that there isn't a zipped or tarballed file out there somewhere with Gingerbread 2.3/.3 that I would just have a simple extract and that proceeding down the path of setting up git/repo is my best or only option.

Thanks again for quick response. anddev.org is my new favorite forum.
pheonix0410
Freshman
Freshman

Postby rekire » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Well that was luck that i answered. I know this forum since the rc times of android 1.0 and i found often quiet good tips here with google.
Now i have a very specific problem and i have no idea how to slove it. While waiting for an answer i saw your question :)

If you have trouble with tar- and gz files try to use 7-Zip or winrar or winzip. That three should help you.
rekire
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems